View Single Post
Old 11-18-2009, 06:32 PM   #32
ART07154

Quote:
Originally Posted by gschotland
The dealer probably picked it up for $8k at (kbb.com exc/good trade in value) auction. Not surprising that he'd readily come down $2k and offer a warranty that probably costs him $200 and likely doesn't cover much. Presumably it has no service recs., which isn't necessarily a deal breaker. Does it have any options?

Figuring you'd have to immediately spend ~$0.8-$1k for new tires and an alignment on the '97, the warranty has some value, and it's 2 yrs newer, this seems like a somewhat better deal - assuming it drives well and there are no condition or mechanical issues. Post PPI maybe you can shave some more off depending on what you find.
My reason is 2 yrs warranty even is just powertrain but at least is cover 100%engine and tranmission with $0 deductible.The vehicle come with 55k miles but it's 2 yr newer with side airbags.I am going back tomorrow to offer $11.5 with warranty.I agree they probably picked it up around 8k but I like that it have brand new 17" Michelin brand new tires,brand new break pads, 2 remotes keys.I will ask them for me to take it for PPIO If they accept my offer.
ART07154 is offline   Reply With Quote