View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 09:26 AM   #20
Mike_Yi

$400? Are you kidding me? That's about the price of two new tires. Use each an every thing on the PPI to negotiate the price downward. Get a quote on repair each item, then tell the seller that he can fix 'em and you'll buy it for his price, or reduce the price by that cost to do all the repairs and you'll buy it for that.

BTW, if you want your Boxster to handle right (especially important if you ever track or auto-x you car), you will want to replace all 4 tires at the same time to ensure consistent grip front to back.

Listen to Lil bastard. Be ready to walk away unless the guy makes the car right, or makes it affordable for you to do so.

Think of it this way. You think $10,500 is a good price for a '97 in good condition with low miles. Do you think $12,500 is a good price for that same car? That's what you are likely to spend by the time you fix all of those "minor" problems. Maybe more.

The problem I found in shopping for Boxsters from dealers is they never have any maintenance records. The auctions don't keep those with the car. I'd try to buy from a private individual.
Mike_Yi is offline   Reply With Quote