View Single Post
Old 11-17-2009, 08:21 AM   #5
Bladecutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsche_Baller
My 99 Boxster is missing after first starting the car wile its still cold. If I let the car warm up it does fine... unless I just jump in it and take off. Then it never stops skipping even after it warms up.
Well, lets start with the simple stuff:

What was the last bit of work you had done on your car, and how long ago was it?
When was the last time you had the spar plugs changed?
Skipping upon starting usually points me in the direction of spark plugs, and ignition coil sticks. Its easy for you to get under the car, and check to see if one of your ignition coil sticks is not snapped onto the spark plug properly.

Quote:
There are 2 codes on the car right now p1128 and p1130 but I don't know what those codes mean?
A quick search on this forum would have let you know that those are codes that involve the computer not being able to adjust the mixture enough for each bank of cylinders. You should try out the search feature, it gives great results for items like that.

Quote:
And the other morning i didn't have time to let it warm up and started going down the road and the check engine light started flashing but went back to a steady glow... I don't have a clue.
A flashing check engine light typically means that there is something wrong with the engine, and that damage can be done if you keep driving it while it is flashing. Typically, this means that the catalytic convertors are having too much fuel dumped into them, which sounds logical if your car is misfiring, and spitting raw gasoline into the exhaust system.

Quote:
So far all I have tried is replacing the air filter. I just ordered a fuel filter but it hasn't come in yet. Any suggestions?
Fuel filter and air filter are not going to be the solutions to your issue.
I would start with inspecting the spark plugs and ignition coil sticks first, then move onto the MAF sensor.

If you were here in CO, I would offer to pop by your place with my car and Durametric system, and we could swap my MAF sensor in to see if that resolves the issue after we tried some other stuff. Maybe someone else would be willing to do the same if they live nearby and have a 97 to 99 model?

BC.

'98 Silver Boxster, '08 Ducati 848, '89 Honda Hawk GT, '89 Honda Pacific Coast
Bladecutter is offline   Reply With Quote