View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 10:49 AM   #12
scribe

Quote:
Originally Posted by grantsfo
I actually traded the MX5 for car I'm much happier with, a 2007 Nissan 350Z GT Roadster. Now thats a car that is fun and easy to live with day to day!
That's interesting that you went from an MX-5 to a 350Z GT Roadster. I traded in a 2001 Miata on an '05 350Z GT Roadster, which I later traded in on my '06 MX-5. The Z was an awesome car, no question about that, and I put almost 30,000 miles on it the year I owned it. But I missed the lightweight, tossable feeling of the Miata (especially during autox) and always kicked myself for trading in the '01 Miata. And it's largely because of that remorse for trading the '01 Miata and my enjoyment of the '06 MX-5 that I'm probably going to keep the car for a good long time. I'll probably do the same with the Boxster so long as it doesn't turn out to be a money pit.

I'm glad you mentioned the 350Z, especially the Roadster ... in a lot of ways the Boxster feels like a hybrid of the 350Z Roadster and the Miata. The Boxster has the lightweight (but not flimsy), tossable feel of a Miata but also manages to have the solidity of the 350Z. The Boxster is also roughly halfway between the Miata and the Z Roadster in terms of weight and power.

'01 Boxster S, '06 Cayman S, '10 Mazdaspeed3, '06 MX-5 Miata Sport, '93 NX2000, '92 MR2
scribe is offline   Reply With Quote