View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 10:07 AM   #11
grantsfo

I have owned two Boxsters and one 2006 MX-5 long term. The Mazda MX5 is definitely a well engineered car, lighter, more responsive etc, but it wore on me over time as a daily driver. Quality of materials were not close to Boxster, seats became deformed, little trim pieces broke, top rattled. Ride felt cheaper and less controlled. The motor in the new MX-5's is sort of truck like too. Doesnt really make pleasant sounds and top end is nonexistent. Pretty much makes all its power from about 3500 RPM to about 6000 RPM. I'm more of a Honda engine fan.

Boxster to me just offers much more satisfying ride for daily driver. It handles poor surfaces better etc. Motor revs nicely and smoothly no truck motor feel like the MX5. Interior is much nicer to live with as well.

I actually traded the MX5 for car I'm much happier with, a 2007 Nissan 350Z GT Roadster. Now thats a car that is fun and easy to live with day to day! Talking about a nueteral great handling vehicle. I ran the 350Z roadster off showroom floor on Infineon and I was hanging tail out with reckless abandon! Wicked fun car out of the box with 307 HP. Boat loads of torque makes commuting an easy task. Funniest thing is I get far more compliments on the 350Z convertable than I ever did with Boxsters or the MX5.

Last edited by grantsfo; 11-16-2009 at 10:13 AM.
grantsfo is offline   Reply With Quote