View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 06:02 AM   #6
Daniel R

Go and have the codes read.

I have been through this process several weeks ago and made the mistake of self diagnosis. I replaced an MAF sensor that was in perfect working order and the problem was in fact the O2 sensors. The codes read misfires in 3 cylinders and faults in O2 sensors.

Just want to give you the heads up before you spend money on what may not be the problem. Pedro makes a good point to check the coil packs as this is a quick, easy and free check. If it fails to solve the problem get the codes read.

It is also worth mentioning something I read on a 911 forum. A member suggested unplugging the MAF sensor to see if this makes the CEL go away, and then work out if the MAFS is the problem. Sounds logical, problem is it DOES NOT WORK. I tried it, it got rid of the CEL so I bought a new one. As soon as the new one was in, back with the CEL. I can only guess that all the sensors work in unison or something of the likes.

Upshot is that there is no point in guessing what is wrong, at least not before reading the error codes.

Good luck.
Daniel R is offline   Reply With Quote