View Single Post
Old 05-28-2005, 01:19 PM   #10
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by eslai

But you're talking about finding a new, untitled '04 986. In that case, why would you want to buy it and pump it up to $50,000-$55,000 with mods when the base 987S starts at $51,000? Does it really make sense for someone to take the resale hit on a purchase like that?

One of the things that people care the most about (as far as cars are concerned) is how their car looks. If someone has fallen in love with the 987 body style, I doubt there's much that can be said to convince them to buy a 986 instead, eh?

I know what you mean...and I'm not saying one way is any better than the other. I'm just telling the other members of the board there is more than one way to crack an egg. Emmisions are important to some people in some states but I could care less about emmisions here in rural IL. Yes, you are right about not being able to recoup the cost of the mods put on the car....but you are taking a depreciation hit as well for every mile you put on the 987 and for every minute that goes by. In a couple years your car will be worth about 10k less than what you bought it for. And not to split hairs, but I'm pretty sure a 987 S starts at about 53k not 51k....on top of that the majority of 987 S's out there sticker at close to 60k not 50k.
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote