Thread: Wheel spacers
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2005, 08:12 AM   #12
jfmillr

I used the 5 mm spacers on my Turbo Twists for almost a year. They looked great. I ultimatly sold the wheels and spacerts to someone else on this board, and went with wider rims with no spacers. and got the same effect if not a better one. I ended up getting 9" wide wheels in front and 10" wheels in back and this looks far better then the spacers did. Just be careful that yur tires dont rub the wheels wells. Some minor modifications might be required inside the wheel well if you do this and have the lowered suspension. i had to melt the plastic in two spots to prevent my tires from hitting when steering wheel is cranked in either direction.
Do yourself a favor, if you use wheel spacer , use the porsche ones. They come with the extended lug nuts and you want to be very careful to make sure you do use an extended lug nut with whatever spacers you choose. You can run into some real trouble if you try using your factory lugs with the spacers. Wouldnt want you wheel to break off under the added pressure at high speeds.

Last edited by jfmillr; 05-28-2005 at 08:14 AM.
jfmillr is offline   Reply With Quote