View Single Post
Old 10-16-2009, 09:48 AM   #12
23109VC

I have the US M030 on my 2000 base. My car also has 77k miles on this setup...

I'm wondering how much stiffer the car would feel with just the new sway bars and drop links..assuming I did the GT3/tarret front and rear bar, plus tarret drp links...versus my stock setup.

i know my car is stiffer/flatter in the turns than a "standard" boxster based on my test drive experiences....i could tell a huge difference between my car vs say a base on 17/18s..... big difference in overall feel...mine was stiffer riding, but much better in the twisties..

i'm sure adding the tarret/GT3 bar and drop links would make it even stiffer, but I wonder how much? a "little bit" or "night/day difference"??

another thing to consider in teh enar future are the shocks. i have no idea at what point the stock shocks begin to need replacement..but i would think at 75k miles i'm getting to the point where they might be considered "ready" for replacing?

another option I've thought of is the ROW M030. I believe that is slightly lower than my US M030...but not sure if the sway bars in that kit are identical to mine or not..no point buying new sway bars if they are exactly the same as my setup...

i will not be doing sway bars/droplinks AND shocks all at the same time..my budget (wife) will not allow that. I'd hae to do it in stages. if I don't do ROW M030 and opt to do the GT3/tarret bars/drop links...I'm wondering if i should just get new M030 shocks or go to bilstein PSS9s which I see many people here using.... they sound like they are nice!

my ultimate goal is to make my car a corner monster - it's fast enough..i just want to be able to stick like glue through the twisties.... right now, it does...but i'm envisioning that with the right parts, it could e even better!
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote