View Single Post
Old 10-14-2009, 08:13 AM   #6
23109VC

i've changed shift knobs on all my prior cars, and my boxster is the first car where I'm not feeling the urge to change it. I've always preferred the ball style shifter over the "pistol grip" type that is in my 986....but it's not bad.

has anyone ever put a small ball style shifter on? i think to make it look right you might need to cut the shifter stalk down so it's physically shorter...which might create a sort of "short shifter" effect...at the expense of more effort...

i just don't mind the OEM shifter. to me it kinda looks cool! the older ball/stick ones I saw on 97-99 cars kinda looks ugly...but the standard one on most 986 cars, the pistol grip one with aluminum highlights...to me looks nice and feels fine.

besides, to get a Porsche replacement...you're gonna spend $300.... which is just nuts when you can find really nice Momo knobs for $50.....

anyone do a momo, or similar style knob, and hae it turn out nice? i'm afraid on our cars, it might look ricey/cheesey...
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote