View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 12:41 PM   #7
eslai

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDanger
Yeah, used makes much more financial sense, but unfortunately the slight restyling and extra power did make a huge difference for me. Plus, the guys at PDE really made it sound like Porsche made the new Boxster S too good, and they're the ones who race for a living.
Yeah, everyone I've talked to in the Porsche world, be they dealers, service men, autocrossers or what have all been abuzz with talk about how much better the '05 is. It's hard for me to imagine driving a 986 after having purchased the 987. Not to knock anyone here, of course--I think that's only natural, right--I SHOULD be in love with my car!

Quote:
Damn near all the listings are for silver, grey or black cars, with a few guards red thrown in.
Yeah, i went with a REALLY boring color--Seal Grey Metallic is everywhere, but I did it partly because they hold value well as it's a popular color, and it's easier to keep clean than the Midnight Blue that I really really wanted. It's okay, the Seal Grey is VERY pretty...

Quote:
I'm not sure I like the idea of my handling characteristics changing on the fly according to a computer anyway, I'd rather it be consistent and predictable even if not as aggressively sport-tuned.
The second I throw the car into a turn i can tell that PASM has bumped up the shock valving. It's not as unpredictable as they may make it sound. When you're driving straight, it's soft, when you're turning, it's stiff. If you want the best handling car, then PASM is worth it. If you're not going to drive like a dummy though, it's not really a big deal, IMHO.

But if you feel like you may regret not purchasing it down the road, you might as well throw the option on. Definitely take a standard and a PASM-equipped car out on back-to-back test drives!
eslai is offline   Reply With Quote