View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 08:20 AM   #9
Ronzi

It is interesting that this reliability/quality issue came up just now.
About a week ago I read an article in one of the local papers about a just-released JD Power new car "quality" survey.
The Power survey ranked 36 domestic (US) and import brands based on the number of "problems" per 100 cars reported by new car buyers within the first 30 days of ownership.
As I recall number one (fewest problems) was Lexus, with something on the order of 54 problems per 100 cars.
What about our favorite marque?
Porsche ranked 32nd out of the 36 brands, with 147 reported problems per 100 cars, barely beating out VW and Kia.
As a devoted Porschephile I found this ranking to be extremely disappointing, to say the least. Porsche built it's reputation on unmatched build quality, and it is disheartening to see them apparently abandoning their heritage in the pursuit of greater sales volume.
While I have no complaints whatever about the reliability of my own car, I am at times dismayed in reading about the perpetual problems some of the other forum members report about their cars.
I don't know whether the good folks at Porsche occasionally review what is being said on forums such as this (I'm sure their lawyers do), but hopefully they do, and take to heart some of the criticisms that are being levelled against their product.
Ronzi is offline   Reply With Quote