View Single Post
Old 05-26-2005, 08:12 AM   #6
JDanger

Thanks for the responses. Yeah, used makes much more financial sense, but unfortunately the slight restyling and extra power did make a huge difference for me. Plus, the guys at PDE really made it sound like Porsche made the new Boxster S too good, and they're the ones who race for a living. I'd actually wait another year or two for a used '05, but I'm set on the carmon red color, which looks like it only comes up in the national used listings 1 or 2% of the time since the color was added, and that's for all Boxsters, not just the S, which is an even smaller percentage. I was thinking I'd go with white as a second choice, but even those aren't very common. Damn near all the listings are for silver, grey or black cars, with a few guards red thrown in. I figure I could easily go a few years without finding a car configured the way I want anywhere near me. Power, styling, and exterior/interior color are options I'm willing to pay through the nose for, I guess.

As for the rest, it sounds like maybe I should go for a stripped model other than the stereo. eslai, I read your review. Is the sport chrono just for the button that improves throttle response? Wait, there it is right on the website, it says it improves throttle and engine response. Well, I'll be damned. That doesn't sound like something I can live without. And the PASM just controls shock absorber dampening. That I might be able to live without. I'm not sure I like the idea of my handling characteristics changing on the fly according to a computer anyway, I'd rather it be consistent and predictable even if not as aggressively sport-tuned. I'm embarassed to say that I couldn't find this info on the Porsche site before because I only scrolled up-down, not off to the right margin. Was wondering why they were making these things such a mystery.

Thanks again for the advice.
JDanger is offline   Reply With Quote