View Single Post
Old 09-29-2009, 02:13 PM   #5
idheaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2TrunkSteve
Thanks!

I've been lurking around 986forum since I bought the car, this is probably the first time I've really relied on the available advise. The satisfaction I am feeling this week is undescribable.

Not to high-jack my own thread, but how's that conversion of yours? My former Porsche was a 1988 911 Targa, which was faster than my 2.5L Boxster. The reason I sold it and bought the Boxster was because of the fact that I was a much better driver after I test drove one. Now that I have driven this car for a few years, I have improved my driving skills and I was just thinking.......if only this thing was faster and more powerful.

While I am at it, how did you sell the expense of it to your Significant Other???
Hi,

I like it. I went from a supercharged 2.5 to this so it's really hard to tell how much I gained on the mid-top end because the s/c 2.5 actually felt like it had more oomph starting out because of the forced induction and the engine went before I really had any time with it, hence the 3.4 conversion

I've driven a friends 2.5 a some and I can definitely say the low-mid is better than a n/a 2.5 and I can drive around at lower rpms in higher gears without having to downshift unless I want to.

Once some of my savings come back (I just had my house painted, new windows and a new roof..ouch) I plan on getting it up to Jake Raby's to have a going over and possibly the IMS update done just to be safe.

- ian