Thread: child safety
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2009, 06:19 PM   #6
Jaxonalden

Garage
I like your idea about cutting off the belt and plugging it into the "D" bar. Now you can find another seat but remember; the Boxster (or any other Porsche I think) does not incorporate the LATCH system (Lower Anchors and Tethers for CHildren). That system is the only way you'll have a totally secure child safety seat and then use it's four point harness, the Boxster's seat belt is never used.

With that said it can't be that difficult to design a better mouse trap. How about have a couple of LATCH mounts designed on a singe bar that will mount to the aft seat mounts (longer bolts if needed) and top "D" ring that mounts to the lower crossbar of the seat rollover halo.

If this can be done, safely and with quality materials it will help us all that have children and no wanting to buy a $600 seat that's worth less than $100. The next thing is the airbag.

My question to the community is;

Can the airbag be deactivated without the $250 "D" bar and $150 service charge by a mechanic?

I think this can be done and it maybe as little as pulling the fuse when a child is ridding with us. Airbag light comes on...that can be cleared by Durametrics software.

Love to hear your thoughts. I'm going to start a new tread with this and see where it goes