View Single Post
Old 05-23-2005, 08:44 AM   #6
Perfectlap

a guy in my Autocross club has the ceramics on his GT3. INSANELY EXPENSIVE TO FIX. I'd hate to get some gravel caught in there, I'd always be neurotic about such expensive brakes.
I was just telling my buddy who has a Standard Carrera that this Cayman will eventually phase out the 911 as the flagship Porsche. If the Carerra didn't have two mini rear seats Porsche would have phased out the 911 in place of a mide engine coupe long ago.
Which is why I strongly believe that Porsche is selling this Cayman(S?) at such a high price. Its a bit of strategic marketing, if you make it expensive people say ooooh ahhh look its the Cayman and not "look a Boxster with a hardtop and wait its actually $20K more!".
The foor door Porsche will appeal to all the 911 owners who never drive their P-Car's quickly or ever venture to track event. Which I'm thinking is a big part of the 911 customer base.
Hopefully the Cayman will be a new following of performance minded purists bla bla bla bla and we might actually start seeing it race competitively.

The car that saved Porsche is also the car that will take it to a new era.
BORN: March 2000 - FINLAND
IMS#1 REPLACED: April 2010 - NEW JERSEY -- LNE DUAL ROW

Last edited by Perfectlap; 05-23-2005 at 08:49 AM.
Perfectlap is offline   Reply With Quote