View Single Post
Old 09-12-2009, 06:30 AM   #13
mylamb

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnavarro
Yes, Marc's the tech's name at Joe Rizza who has gone over your car. It's classic milkshake, intermix of oil in the coolant and coolant in the oil. What's difficult in these cases is that without disassembly, it's hard to pinpoint the failure. Likely candidate could be cracked heads, but that's where the extended warranty comes in - they'll have to follow their procedure to the T before doing any work (or having the work approved).

There are several options open to you, even going with a big bore kit and bumping the engine up to 3.6L. You might even get the warranty company to cover part of the cost from the standpoint that if there is damage to the bores and pistons, our work done to the block and new pistons are several thousand dollars less than any solution from Porsche.

Joe Rizza Porsche is the only Chicagoland LN Engineering dealer and I've worked with Marc for years now. He's the only person who I let work on my car(s). You couldn't be in better hands in the Chicago area.

If you need help or have questions, don't hesitate to let me know and I'll be happy to help in any way I can.

Thanks! I'll contact you shortly - would definitely like to know my options.
Arctic Silver /Black interior
Desnorkled then REsnorkled (planning on Revo flash & prob B&B Exhaust)
mylamb is offline   Reply With Quote