View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 07:11 PM   #14
d18mike

I too am in MI (The Great Cone State). I found you can get a lot of Boxster in the upper Midwest for $15K these days. I got my "new" 2001 (non-S) with 42K for $12,500; outstanding condition and perfect service history. I think I got a good deal, but I drove several in that price range that were comparable.

If I had to do it all over again, I would focus my search solely in the North. I spent a lot of time in the South and West looking at cars. Most were driven year-round and often parked in intense heat. Typically on the early models it really shows in the interior. I didn't find that additional year-round wear and tear was factored into the price to the extent that I thought it justified as I ventured South and West. Just one man's experience.

One of the (only) advantages to living where we do is that Boxsters are almost strictly summer cars/secondary and mollycoddled as such.

Truly sorry to hear about your car but in this economy at $15K you may come out ahead or at minimum on par (not counting hassle factor, of course).

Last edited by d18mike; 09-09-2009 at 07:21 PM.
d18mike is offline   Reply With Quote