View Single Post
Old 09-09-2009, 06:38 PM   #11
huewish

I was running P Zeros with about 75% tread life, and I came into the corner off the throttle. I have intentionally put this car into controlled slides before, and the car was perfectly maintained, including the suspension. I have never had a car slide out like that before, and I have driven everything from Porsche, to Ferrari, to Mercedes, to BMW as far as rear wheel drive vehicles are concerned. You actually can't see the most significant portion of the curve in the video, or the grade of the road. I have driven that road in a Mercedes, a Range Rover, and the Box. It always struck me as an odd design, but that is something I have always taken into consideration on that curve. If the angle was correct, and the road was free of any type of slick material, it would have been a normal curve. I have taken that curve 20mph faster than I did yesterday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladecutter
I was wondering if you could let us know what the tires were that were on your car, and how worn out were they?

I am wondering because from the video, it doesn't look like much of a curve, and I'm assuming that the rear end of the car came around on you while you were hot footing it around the curve.

It would let me know what not to consider, at the very least.

BC.

Last edited by huewish; 09-09-2009 at 06:43 PM.
huewish is offline   Reply With Quote