View Single Post
Old 09-02-2009, 09:49 AM   #8
pk2

You may be very right, he may not be able to do it. It looked to me like he was looking for what other possible alternatives there might to plunking down a few bills for a poorly designed, glorified $19 windshield wiper tank.

Anyway, though he may not be able to, pretty sure I could Looks easier and easier the more I think about it. (You wouldn't believe what I've pulled off over the years with thest things). This thing is nothing. (naysayers inspire me more than anything, almost a guarantees of success)...wanna bet???

PlayersExpress, I f you're still tuned in and still looking for an option, heres is a revision I don't think can fail. I'll be really brief now. All the details of it if we here from you. It will cost about $50 in materials.

You would weld as described before, *check for leaks (very closely), scruff up the whole bottom section by hand with with 40 grit *heavy duty sand *paper. Then wipe it down with a good degreser *solvent

Then, you just to wrap up the bottom half like a turban with strips of *fiberglass and *marine/aerospace epoxy. When it all cures, the weld is going to serve as the seal, the fiberglass turban will be the added super strength against the hydrostatic pressure inside.

...that will work.

It's going to be pretty butt-ugly. But, it also will be hidden, stronger than ever, and water tight . It should also help prevent future cracks.

*Details, needs elaboration

Regards, PK