View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 06:29 PM   #13
Adam

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikenOH
Adam--good for you. Glad to hear it worked out well. I suspect this won't be the last DE you do A few years back we decided to do more DE's than auto-x because of the increase in seat time. They cost more for sure but on a good day you can get close to and hour and a half behind the wheel at speed.

Anyway, at your next auto-x try even pressures--f/r. I tried it with these tires this year and I thought the car was very balanced. One nice thing at an auto-x is that you can experiment a bit more with pressures and not get into much trouble doing it.

All things considered these tires are way better than PS2's for auto-x. A few years back I felt good if I could get within 3 seconds of our club's auto-X champ with a 944 turbo running victoracers. In the only one I've done this year, I was just a hair above 1 second behind this guy on brand new XS tires.
Thanks Mike! Yeah, I'll definately do another DE, perhaps at Putnam, GIR, or the Autobahn Country Club next year and do a full day next time. I agree about the PS2's, these XS tires are in a totally different league and I'm hoping to be 1-2 seconds faster in A-stock and try to take home some wins finally. There is a guy with a 96 Grand Sport vette with R-comps in the local club who like that guy with the 944 turbo almost always wins in my class and I'd like to be running where he's at. I'm doing two autocrosses this weekend so I'll have a good oppurtunity to play around with tire pressure and I'll try equal pressure f/r like you suggested. Thanks again!
Adam is offline   Reply With Quote