View Single Post
Old 08-31-2009, 10:43 AM   #16
bigborian

ok here's a quick step by step

1.) remove the carpeting on the sides of the front trunk. You should see a small round plug looking thing on both sides go ahead and remove that it should pop right out.

2.) there is a small nut driver looking thing in there that you have to use a very small deep socket to turn. I used a 4mm deep socket (regular socket won't worry because the socket is too thick for the small hole) When you turn it, it will pop the entire headlight housing off. This is because there is a small latch looking thing underneath it that pulls the headlight out of the socket that it's attached too.

3.) On the back of the head light there is a cover with a tab ont he top side of it find this and push down and it comes right off.

4.) The bulb that you want to change is the top bulb. There is a little metal clip that holds the bulb in remove this and take the bulb out of the housing.

5.) Once the bulb is removed from the housing you can disconnect the bulb connectors and remove the bulb completely. It's connected to the yellow and brown wires that i believe go to the battery, as a live wire and a ground.

6.) Now take your new bulbs take off the plastic protective casing and put them in the housing of your head lights. You should be able to make the plastic piece that is on the bulb and the housing fit snug. I also put the metal clip back on half of the bulb to make sure that it sits tight.

7.) Now the part that i thought was tricky. You kit comes with a 35w Ballast, you want to connect it all up so that everything is connected together. The only part that you have to connect to the original head light assembly are the red and black wires that go into the former yellow and brown wires that the last bulb was connected to

8.) Then connect the bulb connectors to the ballast connectors male/female to female/male

9.) There is another connector that you connect together as well male/female i think both comes off the ballast but i'm not 100% sure i don't remember. If you connected everything up you're good to go. Make sure that the connections from the bulbs are going to the ballast and that's really all you need.

10.) put everything back and your set.
bigborian is offline   Reply With Quote