View Single Post
Old 05-20-2005, 06:42 AM   #3
RandallNeighbour

Socratic, if your car has had some rough pot hole driving or it's old like my 1997, it may be a control arm. Quite often, they make a racket (mine squeaked) before they totally give out, which is caused by aluminum on steel where there should be an elbow bushing.

Now this thought is totally speculative—it might just be a loose bolt, but you need to get your car to a good Porsche mechanic sooner than later... loose bolts make a car's suspention parts wear out rapidly.

In my case, I had to have the driver's front control arm (not cheap) replaced, but my mechanic removed and inspected the front passenger side control arm and was able to repack the bearing with grease to enlongate it's life it. So, catching it early may save you lots of money later.

Good luck and do return to this thread to tell us what it was in the end and how much it cost to replace. Loud undexpected noises in our cars only makes me freak out, so it's good for me to learn as much as I can to keep those emotions under control.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote