View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 03:41 PM   #7
Bladecutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordblood
Yesterday while driving home, the Box started fine. However as I approached a stop light I braked and shifted into neutral to stop, then the engine stopped. After this the engine would start when I turned the key but right after firing up it would die. After about a minute of trying I got it up and I realized that keeping the revs up a little kept the car alive. It is in the garage now and is still having this problem.

I'm guessing the problem is the oxygen sensors, which I knew were getting old. But I wan to make sure it's not another new problem that has risen. I'm ordering oxygen sensors today online and I'll also clean out the maf too.
Actually, your symptoms make me wonder if you have tried cleaning the throttle body anytime in the recent past?

I ask this because there is an idle air control circuit in the throttle body, and if it gets caked up with carbon, it will make idling very difficult.

Personally, I would start with a throttle body cleaning first, and then move on to other items as I check the way the car runs using a tool like the Durametric Diagnostic tool. That's one of the first things I picked up for my car after taking care of normal wear and tear items on it.

If you lived in the Denver area, I would let you borrow it any time you wanted.

BC.

'98 Silver Boxster, '08 Ducati 848, '89 Honda Hawk GT, '89 Honda Pacific Coast
Bladecutter is offline   Reply With Quote