View Single Post
Old 08-29-2009, 01:43 PM   #14
bigborian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal1520
If you're looking into Boxsters and you're turned off by the lack of trunk space, you shouldn't even be thinking about roadsters in general. Different cars serve different purposes. My daily driver is a Jeep Grand Cherokee and it's safe to say I use that a lot differently than I do the Box.

Anyway, I will give props to the Evo's and Sti's, it's pretty nuts how much performance you get for the price you're paying for it. But that's it. Outside of performance, they're just a couple cheap feeling, chintzy rice rockets that'll turn heads at the local high school or community college. If I went on track days daily, I'd love one of those. But I don't.

At the same time, I hate how when you buy those cars, you're tempted to slap on a bunch of ricer parts on it. It's unheard of to hear of someone driving an Evo or an Sti stock. Intakes, exhausts, different turbos, body kits seem almost feel like required spending for cars like that. And when you think about it, it feels more as if you're buying an unfinished car if you feel tempted to get stuff for it. That doesn't sit well with me.

When it comes to fast cars, I'm more interested in the driving experience over the number on my speedo. The Boxster's engine sounds better in my opinion, and the build quality(while obviously not the best) feels a lot better than the Evo's and Sti's that I've been in, It's also a lot more entertaining to drive on a road. And it looks a lot better too. I drive with my cousin who drives an Sti, and I prefer getting waves from cute girls over him getting waves from some acne-crusted fella on the JV Swim team.

This is exactly what i'm saying that's why i have 2 cars. My civic for daily driving, and the boxster (which is my wifes) for general merriment and cruising. I never said that i expected the boxster to be a grocery hauler, or be able to have tons of trunk space. I only said that i can't use the boxster when i need to do those things. I take the civic when i need to go to costco, or when i need to bring my acoustic and sometimes my bass and my practice amp to church because it just won't fit in the boxster. You have a Jeep as your daily driver because your boxster can't do the things that your Jeep can right? That's exactly what i'm saying. Different cars serve different purposes, i never said i was turned off in anyway by anything that the boxster had to offer. I got the boxster because well 1 it's my wifes dream car and 2 because i want a nice cruising roadster that we can drive hard once in a while at the auto x track. I didn't buy the boxster with the intention of hauling lots of cargo i knew beforehand that i wouldn't be able to use the car like that.

I was only saying that not all Japanese made cars are for the "homeboys" and the thugs that wear backwords caps and are still in highschool. The STI and EVO serve their own purposes too. Bang for the buck (speed for the dollar) right they are not the most comfortable or luxurious well built cars but they are what they are. To each their own, and they are what they are in the eye of their beholder. Some people might really like the STI and EVO because they are at the drag strip every week or they hang out in those circles. Like i said it's all personal preference
bigborian is offline   Reply With Quote