View Single Post
Old 08-28-2009, 03:44 PM   #3
23109VC

before buying my used base 2000 boxster - I test drove a brand new EVO X.

I was thoroughly UN-impressed. It was "sort of" fast, but felt cheap, and it wasn't all that fun to drive.

FUN and FAST are not always found in the same package. I have driven some cars that were not that fast, but were piles of fun and vice versa.

Boxsters are not the fastest cars on the road, my 2.7 for SURE is not *that* fast, but I'd be hard pressed to find many cars that can provide the FUN factor of my Boxster for even 2-3X the money I spent. Period.

In some ways, it's not really fair to compare a two seat mid engined roadster to a four door subcompact "rice rocket" car.... no matter what AWD system and big turbo systems you put on the EVO and STi, they are still subcompact econoboxes.

how's it go, you can put lipstick on a pig....

now if I was 21, wore a baseball cap backwards, had a piercing in my face, and used words like "bro" "dawg" in most of my sentences - then I would probably think the STi and EVO were "********************en" and that the Boxster was "too slow".... eventually those morons grow up and realize the error of their ways...
2006 RL - My daily driver
2000 Boxster - Ocean Blue Base 5spd on Black Full leather. 18" wheels and M030.

Boxster mods I've added: Rear speaker kit, Painted Calipers, Painted Bumperettes, Painted Center Console, 987 Shifter Assembly, 3 Spoke Steering Wheel, Clear side markers, 03+ rear lights, de-snorkeled.
23109VC is offline   Reply With Quote