View Single Post
Old 08-27-2009, 07:59 AM   #20
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirk
Not to hijack this thread, but I appreciate the input. Honestly I was pretty pissed yesterday that they did this. I figured out that they stole the photos off my Car Domain web page, doctored them, put their own watermark on them to claim them as theirs, and put them on their web page to sell a product not really pictured on the car. I also found out from some web searches that this is NOT the first time that Extreme Dimensions has done this, and yes I've checked the legal side of it and as I took the pictures myself with my camera of my car and posted them on my website they are my property and Extreme Dimensions does not have a right to use them for their marketing.

I've sent e-mails to the head of marketing and he's promised to take the photos down once I provide originals proving that they are mine (easy enough to do). We'll see how it works out. If they don't take them down, then I will honestly seek legal recourse. I just think it was a completely underhanded thing for them to do, especially when they could have contacted me EASILY through Car Domain.

And thanks Boxtaboy, I sent Ofishbein a PM about this over on 6speed.

We'll see what happens.
Good luck! I have also seen people do this on fleabay when they took a guy's picture of his 986 S with OEM bodykit, and were trying to sell aftermarket cheap fiberglass side skirts. Losers!

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote