View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 07:00 AM   #1
RandallNeighbour

I still love my Boxster

Yesterday morning I took the box out of the garage, vacuumed out the interior and washed the car. Then I dusted the interior and went inside to take a shower. (In Houston, you gotta shower after 30 minutes outside in August at any time of the day or night!)

When I came out to the car, I noticed just how nice the car looked and when I opened the door and marveled at my new-to-me leather door panels I bought for $170 shipped and dropped the top.

This was the first morning in 4 months that the weather has been cool enough to actually enjoy top down driving here.

As I pulled out of the alleyway onto the road, I realized I still love my 108k 1997 Boxster. It's not new, it's not nearly as fast as newer models, but it's mine, all paid for, and Lord knows I've touched most every part on the car to fix it or replace it.

I just wanted future forum readers who are pondering the purchase of an older car to know that you can buy a $10k car and fix it up and enjoy it for many years to come. You don't have to go into debt buying a $40k car. Mine isn't the fastest, but it's a very satisfying car to own and drive.

Last edited by RandallNeighbour; 08-23-2009 at 07:03 AM.
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote