View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 04:32 PM   #10
jbox53

timing chain noise centered at oil crankcase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Raby
Ouch!!
The file isn't distinct enough for a remote diagnosis, but it certainly doesn't sound good.
Have you recently serviced the engine and used the Mobil oil that you mentioned in your post??

Contact us at info@flat6innovations.com and we'll be glad to work with you..

I definitely would not run that engine any more at all, that could be the IMS in early stages of failure, the whirring sound is something I am very concerned about

I know. Yes, as a matter of fact I changed my oil about two weeks ago. You have me wondering about the lite weight oil in the summertime but it seems like something broke/snapped like a cam chain tensioner....It's my primary vehicle and I drive it normally. I probably will attempt one more run to the dealer since they're 2 miles away as opposed to your place up north. I'm afraid I'll be spending alot of time waiting for a tow truck. Although I would enjoy the ride as Demara stated I don't think I'll make it. I'm thinking like cnavarro, ,maybe I can salvage this vehicle. Who knows maybe Porshe will quote me an amount that will be competive with obtaining a replacement engine.
The vehicle looks nice and shiny too bad it's not reliable.
Being a fairly new Porsche owner my
jbox53 is offline   Reply With Quote