View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 04:04 PM   #6
Boxtaboy
07 Carrera S Cab

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by d18mike
Many Thanks, That's terrific information. I can buy new part for $42 per lid -- I might just do that as I suspect I won't be happy with my paint job.

BTW, I noticed your floor mats -- was thinking about getting the same ones. Have you been happy with the quality? It's between those and the OEMs.
No prob. Just so you know, the new ones will still end up peeling... I know because I had the dealer replace them when I was still on warranty, and they ended up peeling again rather quickly once my wife put her arm (with sunscreen on it) on the lid. The only true long term cure is to either paint it or cover in leather like Jmatta did. You can give your lids to a local body shop to spray them if you're not confident in doing it yourself.

The mats you see in my pic are Lloyds mats with red piping on the perimeter of the mats, and they are fine. I actually switch between those and the ones below which are the OEM mats with Momo aluminum floor plates screwed into them. I know some will think it's ricey, but I like em.

Previous: 01 Boxster in Arctic Silver, 86 944 in Guards Red
Boxtaboy is offline   Reply With Quote