View Single Post
Old 08-17-2009, 01:04 PM   #22
mptoledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxtaboy
If you look at the cup and where it sits when the grille is put back in, you'll notice that the two lower slats of the grille are closed off, which means the air leans straight into the curved portion of the cup as it goes in when the snork is in place. In other words, the cup at the end of the snork facilitates air to get sucked into the snork tube. So I think the cup was put there at the end to do just that...help suck in air. I don't think that the function of the snork is really to keep debris or water from entering, because 1) if you poke your hand back there in the hole that is left after you pull out the snork, you will find that the tube path goes up and to the left in the airbox, and not straight to the air filter, and 2) there is a water drain further back in the airbox by the air filter area, so water still would not enter the engine. I think it's in there to faciliate a smooth passage of air from the outside to the intake, while keeping noise levels down.
That makes sense, but what I have read 90% of people also agree that its for debri also. The cup keeps the snork from acting like a shopvac and cleaning up everything that is on the floor. Like if whater puddles before it drains. I stuck my hand up to it before I took it off and it felt like a vacuum hose. Maybe its me it just seems like common sense as the purpose of the cup on the snork.

actually who knows for sure, porsche probably did it to create debates and arguments.

SO, GROW A PAIR NANCY AND DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...Main/MyBox.jpg
mptoledo is offline   Reply With Quote