View Single Post
Old 08-14-2009, 10:58 AM   #24
Petermcd

Trying to stop

I feel sorry for the guy too, and he is young - so I retract comment about how quick I would be fired for designing something like that house. Not proud of that comment.

(gred04 if you genuinely want to know what is wrong with that house I could give you a point by point list of reasons and I presume drem914 could come up a long list of similar reasons.)

I have no problem with people who have a ton of wealth. In fact I like 'em and need them to stay in business. This guy would have gotten no flak at all if he had just stopped with his first sentence - "My best investment yet".

He brought the flak on with his next sentence, which he might even have gotten away with if he had not tossed in that last word - "enjoy". Call me crazy but to me that came across as smug and gloating and classless.

That sort of attitude is probably a big reason there are porsche haters out there.... and if we all had that attitude then I would not blame people for keying a porsche. So if one guy learns to dial down the smugness a little then perhaps my chance of getting keyed will be less if I am ever in his neighborhood.
Petermcd is offline   Reply With Quote