View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 06:36 PM   #1
derb

Durametric- Major software update

Durametric has released a major update (6.0) for their software. Depending on when you purchased your cable it may, or may not, be compatible. If your cable is not compatible you can still use the latest update of the 5.0 version for as long as you want.
I have a grandfathered in first generation 'Professional' version that I now have to spend $150 to upgrade to the 6.0 compatible cable if there are enough features to justify the expense. Looks like a lot of the changes are for the 9x7 models. The good news is that if I upgrade I will be upgraded to the 6.0 second generation Professional version.

From their website...

Since this is the first release of a major, long-term project, there will be many revisions and bug fixes over the next few weeks.

This release is only compatible with our second generation diagnostic interface cables. If you have purchased your kit after February 2008, then it is a second generation kit.

* The cable with a box in the middle of the wire are first generation cables and not compatible.
* Cables with the electronics in the connector can be either first or second generation.
o If the cable has the light on the side that reads "Durametric," then it is a second generation interface cable.
o If the light is on the side that says "Enthusiast" or "Professional," then it is a first generation interface cable and not compatible.
* Customers with first generation interfaces can upgrade to the second generation interface for $150 USD.
* For more information about why we are not supporting the first generation interfaces and details about upgrades please see our
Upgrade FAQ...

http://www.durametric.com/reasonupgrade.aspx

Regards,
mike
derb is offline   Reply With Quote