View Single Post
Old 05-16-2005, 10:04 AM   #5
RandallNeighbour

Some of the things you're complaining about can be remedied with some cash:

1. Short shifter kit will reduce the throws by 20% or more. Not too expensive.
2. Louder engine? That's gonna cost you with a new exhaust, but it's available.
3. Vanity mirror warnings: You can cover them up with stickers...someone one ebay sells them all the time.
4. The clutch should be able to be adjusted down to the bottom of the range instead of the top... this is a preference thing and they should do it for free under warranty.

The tiny delay in accelleration is very odd in normal mode...I'd whine about this to the dealership and see if they can fiddle with your eletronics. I don't think it should be that way, but I sure do appreciate the heads up if it can't be remedied any other way than to use the sport mode!

The sound system in this car is never going to be stellar... there's just no room for speakers of any real size to produce a volume of sound (not loudness but amount) with the top down or even up. The dealer would tell you the sound of the engine and the wind in your hair should compensate for any deficiencies in the sound system... and to a very small point, I think they're right. They're mostly wrong though, just to insure you know I am a stereo junkie as well and always want more sound fidelity from my car and home systems!
RandallNeighbour is offline   Reply With Quote