Thread: Techno Torque 2
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2009, 06:33 AM   #3
Burg Boxster

Eric-

Yes, I have installed the TechnoTorque in my '99 (approx 2 months ago) and ABSOLUTELY there is a noticeable increase. Pedro has details on his site w/ data to back up. TechnoTorque2 is for later MYs of the 986 but results are same.

Bottom line, I don't have a dyno, but I can tell you based on the car's reaction after installing, it took some time for the ECU to adjust to the increased airflow. Not just at WOT but also starting around 2800 RPMS. Once adjusted, there is definitely more pull/torque throughout. Plus the extra kick we're used to feeling when hitting the power band comes earlier - now in the 3300 RPM range.

The technoTorque replaces the OEM Plenum Tee (takes ~ 1hr to install). His insert eliminates turbulent air flow into the plenum and thus into the cylinders. In layman terms, think of it kind of along the lines of DFI but for air (yes I know it's not 100% correct as it would be more forced air induction but I'll use it as an example since most people understand DFI and the results of it).

Anyhow, I won mine at this years BRBS but I would definitely pay for and put one in my Boxster now knowing the positive results and minimal cost.

Go for it!

Last edited by Burg Boxster; 08-10-2009 at 06:37 AM.
Burg Boxster is offline   Reply With Quote