View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 08:19 PM   #10
SRA2005

Send a message via AIM to SRA2005 Send a message via Yahoo to SRA2005
Found the pics from my forum! yay Here is 101 tuturiol on the JOY of HID. Glare is the most unwanted thing in a HID setup and we avoid it at minimal cost. Some people think doing retrofits are crappy aftermarket BLUE bulbs which create a lot of glare. People with Litronic headlights have their bulbs colorshift over time. When I had my pair of bulbs it was pure yellow and now its bluish white. Over the course of time the output will turn more to bluish and still not create glarelike those 6000k or 8000k kelvin kits. OEM standards are 4100K to 5000K sunlight equivalent.. Read and heed.
HID TUTORIAL:

HID kits are illegal due to the glare that they cause. Glare is Light that is emitted in a Uncontrollable path. When light is traveling in a uncontrollable path it can hit other vehicle operators affecting there vision because of the High amount of uncontrollable light that is being Emitted from a HID kit in a standard Halogen housing. If you have ever turned a flashlight on right in front of your face while it is dark out, that is the same feeling that the other drivers on the road experience from a standard HID kit.

OEM Vehicles such as Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Lexus are all equipped with HID or Xenon Headlights. Some use reflector housing’s without projectors. Others use HID projectors.

The Lexus IS300 is a Prime Example of a HID reflector housing. It does not use a Projector. It uses a Specially designed Reflector housing that is meant to use HID. This does not create the Super sharp cutoff. But it does control where the light is being Emitted.

Other vehicles such as the Honda S2000 Use HID projectors, These Projectors are meant to use HID. They are Specially Designed and have been tested Hundreds of times to get the right projection of light while maintaining a Good Cutoff.
UGLY GLARE:

GOOD GLARE

WHOA GLARE:

HONDA S2000 OEM

WRX STI OEM

HERES MINE crappy exposure settings but it'll do as an example

and since i have done this my dispersion on the ground fills up two lanes on the highway if not 3 plus the median area and compared to using my old halogen bulbs where the output on the ground is poor which probably fills just ur lane and partially the other two (if ur driving in the middle)

To date, NHTSA has investigated 24 HID conversion kit suppliers; all investigations have resulted in recalls or termination of sales.

RM Racing
Astex USA
Kmax International
FET, Inc.
J. Liu LLC
Gourmet Garage
JC Whitney
Lighting Research
SPW Industries, Inc.
Pacific Micro-lite
McCulloch Motors, Inc.
Santeca Electronics
JF Manufacturing
Streetglow, Inc.
Outback Products, Inc.
Nu Performance
GR Motorsports, Inc.
Global Premier
New Clor
Importhookup.com
DG International
MTC Lighting
Umnitza
Liteglow
American Products Company

Last edited by SRA2005; 05-15-2005 at 09:45 PM.
SRA2005 is offline   Reply With Quote