View Single Post
Old 05-15-2005, 07:55 PM   #9
SRA2005

Send a message via AIM to SRA2005 Send a message via Yahoo to SRA2005
it is not an H.I.D kit that puts those d2s bulbs from the xenon headlights that induce a LOT of glare hence those are illegal. What I am talking about is putting projectors in cut out the back end of the halogen housing reflector and align it. I am part of a forum that does those to our cars and in fact its more like a hobby for me. There are DOT approved projectors that fit within US SPECS. What is illegal is if you put a UK spec headlight for RHD and put it into a LHD. You will be pissing people off by blinding them on the street. I can show you my pics of how I did mine. Plus with a lil addition of bending the shields inside the projectors i get a nice blue and purple hue like the maximas. :dance:

When I said I do retrofits I make sure the light doesn't bleed out from the projector and on to the halogen reflector. I can either black them out and put a shroud around the projector or just toss the reflector and redesign the housing. Words don't mean justice until i post pics.

as for auto leveling, I know how the system works. You put the sensors on your A-arms so when the computer knows theres a load it does its precheck sensors to figure out where the load is. Ex; you got a 300 lb fat dude on the passenger and ur lights are tilted to the right. what those lights do is just align themselves together.

there is no glare from these pics. and all i see are my turn signals that are on the wall. I'll show you what a glare pic looks like once I find it.

Hence, a NICE cutoff line should look like the 2nd to the last pic. It has to be all aligned and no light above the cutoff line. This is how an OEM beam pattern should look like and its not and H.I.D. aftermarket kit or Sylvania superstars. I took the projectors off from an E39 BMW 5 series 2002 projector and ballast and fabricated it into my car and can see a whole lot better. Im just offering a CHEAPER solution than purchasing litronic headlights from porsche. its 1/3 of what u would pay in full. HAPPY VIEWING