View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 03:49 PM   #10
Sboxin

These are Rob's last words on the closing of Porsche Pete's Boxster Board - PPBB

"Many have been asking, "Why close the board?"

Posted By: Rob in Houston
Date: Thursday, 6 August 2009, at 4:00:27 p.m.

Well, it was just time. Chuck had asked me to take the board several times before his passing. I always told him when he goes, I go, and we agreed that the board would just go. I told the deputies that hit may happen last year, but it didn't. There is no right time or no easy way. The deal I made with Chuck was that when it was time, I would shut it down and not sell out. There has been a way to donate to the board for years which total about $60.00/ year out of about $3-3500 in server and bandwidth costs. Several have angrily suggested that I owed them more of a warning, maybe I do, or maybe it was that ongoing bit of arrogance and since of entitlement is what finally pushed the decision.

I might say that after 5 years and $17500.00 and uncounted hours put into the board (at the expense of my family), I owe very little except to the Deputies, to whom I owe my deepest thanks.

To those that are angered, that the free ride is over, find another board and make some form of monetary contribution to it because I don't think Obama is going to bail out a BBS. "
Sboxin is offline   Reply With Quote