View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 04:25 AM   #20
mts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Raby
Drive your car to my shop.. Stand over my shoulder while I pull the lifters from one bank of your engine...

If you don't have at least 4 bad units on that bank I'll pull all the lifters, replace them and replace the vario cam chain tensioner pads for free, parts and labor included...

The only hitch is we document the entire process here, no matter what we find... If the units are bad you only have to buy the upgraded replacement parts.

This is not a joke... I am more than confident that you'll have at least 4 bad units, else I wouldn't risk a preventative measure of this magnitude for free..

Sticky or stuck lifters won't create a failure, but they do effect drive ability, MPG, efficiency, throttle response and the smile on the driver's face.....

I'll use the opportunity to gather footage for another DVD.... What do you say?
That is a really great offer!!! I wish I could take you up on it in 2K3_Boxster_S's place, but my car only has 19k miles on it with a good service history so I'm probably not the best candidate.

I am saving up for the 3.2 -->3.6 upgrade you do though. We might have to discuss doing a full before->during->after DVD for it if you are willing even if I have to pay a little extra for it for my own personal collection.
2004 550 SE #1081 of 1953 (sold)
1997 911 Targa (sold)
mts is offline   Reply With Quote