View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 08:05 PM   #11
Jake Raby
Engine Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K3_Boxster_S
I have a 2003 S with about 60,000 and have had 0 RMS failures. you can't find a drop of oil on the engine, doesn't smoke, etc. etc.. Consumer Reports rates the 2002 Boxster under Major Engine category with the highest reliability rating. and there are 100's of other Boxster owners that haven't experienced any problems. SO what's Your Point?

http://www.987forum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18280
Drive your car to my shop.. Stand over my shoulder while I pull the lifters from one bank of your engine...

If you don't have at least 4 bad units on that bank I'll pull all the lifters, replace them and replace the vario cam chain tensioner pads for free, parts and labor included...

The only hitch is we document the entire process here, no matter what we find... If the units are bad you only have to buy the upgraded replacement parts.

This is not a joke... I am more than confident that you'll have at least 4 bad units, else I wouldn't risk a preventative measure of this magnitude for free..

Sticky or stuck lifters won't create a failure, but they do effect drive ability, MPG, efficiency, throttle response and the smile on the driver's face.....

I'll use the opportunity to gather footage for another DVD.... What do you say?
Jake Raby is offline   Reply With Quote