View Single Post
Old 08-05-2009, 06:27 PM   #4
Sammy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhandy
My car is a 2002 S and I have never tracked it, I drive it hard but not more than anyone else.
I have had 3 RMS repairs.
Nothing else has ever been wrong with the motor. I change the oil with 0W40 mobil1 every 5000 miles like clock work. I currently have 65000 miles on the car.

My extended warrenty will expire at 70K so I loaded my car on a transport and sent it to Jake Raby to have the IMS taken care of before I had problems. Aside from a little power loss the car ran good.

Jake opened the motor and found ALL but two of the lifters stuck and locked in place. The chain tentioners have already broken and ready to grenade the motor. Best of all the IMS bering was almost fully broken.

Everything was fixed and I should have the car back soon after a few more minor repairs are done. So to all of those guys who say that IMS and Tentioners dont really go out that often, I say get an extended warrenty and send your car to Raby before it dies.
James
Maybe you should've tracked it? No offense but your case still doesn't mean these things are dropping like flies. I will be sure to note that if I have to repair my RMS 3 times and there is a loss of power than I might just start to think that something is wrong with my engine. Honestly, if I have to repair the RMS again (had to once) than the For Sale sign will go in the window.
Sammy is offline   Reply With Quote