View Single Post
Old 07-28-2009, 06:40 AM   #8
Bladecutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Raby
None of the data has been posted, and it probably won't be... As soon as I mentioned it arguments began and thats something that I simply do not have time for these days.... Plus lots of people are rating the exhaust systems on sound and weight, and all I care about is RPM range and net power, especially torque..
I hate to ask, but why do you care about the people who are going to argue about cold hard facts? They will always exist, and they will always be vocal, but why let them have that warm feeling inside that they can keep you under their boot?

I personally don't care much about sound changes nor do I care about installing expensive exhaust systems, but I do care about knowledge. I enjoy the sound of my stock '98 Boxster, and don't have any plans on installing a different muffler for a different sound, but I wouldn't mind knowing if there is a better set of headers that I can install that might increase the low to medium range torque on my car.

I had a wonderful experience a couple Fridays ago by taking my Boxster out onto HPR (http://www.highplainsraceway.com). One thing I noticed is that some of the corners I needed to be in second gear, because if I was in third gear, I would be between 3k and 4k rpms, while trying to climb uphill, and the 2.5 could definitely use a boost of torque in that rev range.

Everywhere else on the track, the car is perfect.

I love reading about your methodology when it comes to testing a theory.
Unfortunately, you are worried about what 2% of the people are going to say about the results of your data. The other 98% of us don't care about that 2%.

BC.

'98 Silver Boxster, '08 Ducati 848, '89 Honda Hawk GT, '89 Honda Pacific Coast
Bladecutter is offline   Reply With Quote