View Single Post
Old 05-12-2005, 05:54 PM   #1
todd1ada

Boxster as Florida Car

In the market for a '03 or '04 Boxster S, which I plan on acquiring sometime this summer or fall when I find the right color combo/mileage/price.

I plan to keep this car in Miami over the colder months (something like Oct- April), and then bring it back to New England for the summer. (We have vacation place in Miami and usually make it down over school vacations and various weekends, so the car would get some, but not tons of use. In the summer, it would be a third car to use on weekends and to drive to work on nice days.)

I'm trying to get my ducks in a row to make this happen-- One piece of the puzzle I have not gotten my arms around is shipping.

Can anyone recommend a reliable tranport company who carefully ships porsches (or similar vehicles)? Any sense on the cost from New England to South Florida?

Relatedly, does anyone do something similar with their 986, and if so, can you offer any tips. For example, do I need a special battery when the car sits for a month or so unused? Is there a car cover that is recommend? Fluid levels? Should I arrange for the valet in my building in Miami to start the car daily, weekly etc?

I rwould eally appreciate any words of wisdom.
todd1ada is offline   Reply With Quote