View Single Post
Old 07-25-2009, 09:46 AM   #3
ddb
www.klisstle.com

Garage
Thanks!

JFP,

Perfect timing - thank you very much!

I ordered all the parts I thought I needed from Sunset on Monday but didn't realize at the time I needed the o-ring. Yesterday I was close to my local dealer and stopped by to pick up or order the o-ring. The parts manager who is normally very knowledgeable didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I asked him what did the service guys do when they drained the coolant and he said the coolant was lifetime so they didn't drain it. At that point I told him I would try and find the part number and come back.

This morning I started draining the coolant and was on my way back to the dealership with the drain plug when I received your response on my Blackberry. The parts guy this morning who is also very knowledgeable looked puzzled too when I asked for the o-ring. So I just gave him the part number. BTW, either the old o-ring was left off by the previous owner or it is still in the opening because I have yet to find it. My drain plug looked like crap so I ordered a new one as well for (900-219-007-02) $2.47 and they charged 24 cents for the o-ring.

Although I knew Sunset would have the best prices on the parts I needed I asked the local dealer for a quote before I ordered from Sunset for comparison.

Water pump - local retail $329.64 - my cost $263.71 - Sunset $197.12
Serpentine belt - local retail $ 42.22 - my cost $36.18 - Sunset $26.00
Water pump gasket - local retail $9.48 - my cost $7.58 - Sunset $5.45
Coolant - local retail $32.71 - my cost $27.17 - Sunset $ 21.07
Oil filter - local retail $24.48 - my cost $19.50 - Sunset $13.43
Oil crush filter - local retail (I didn't ask) - Sunset $0.48

I also bought the updated coolant cap this morning locally. Part number 996-106-447-03. Local retail $21.05 - my cost $13.91.

Thanks again JFP,

ddb
ddb is offline   Reply With Quote