View Single Post
Old 07-22-2009, 03:22 PM   #13
mptoledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwade
Turbo chargers...superchargers...bla-bla-bla.....I wouldn't do it. Might be fun for a little while, but just too much long-term maintenance.

It's better to swap the engine in it's .

Yeah, but I don't have $26k laying around. I did see a guy puting a corvette engine in his boxster. It is only 2" longer than the stock motor. Now that might be a hoot. I would probably do something in the $2500 to $5000 range. I am pretty tech savy and could do most of it at home. I have mig/wire welders and am decent(not great) at it. No chinese crap, but wouldn't mind doing it in stages. as stated earlier, I would have to do the "ims" swap out, for peace of mind if nothing else before I make that kind of investment.

Of course reality then sets in and with increase in the amount of cops looking to increae revenue in my area, I would probably be stupid to do it. We have the infamous state troopers(ghestapo of ohio), then the sheriffs have been out in force and then we have the city cops who have been total dicks. Even the game warden/park ranger guys have been ticketing people.

SO, GROW A PAIR NANCY AND DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...Main/MyBox.jpg

Last edited by mptoledo; 07-22-2009 at 03:30 PM.
mptoledo is offline   Reply With Quote