View Single Post
Old 07-16-2009, 07:35 PM   #1
mptoledo

woo hoo, I got my new stereo today!! with an added bonus

Ok so I live in the middle of BFE. 50 minutes between Columbus and Dayton Ohio. I get absolutely no reception on my P-radio/cassette. It does really suck trying to cruise around looking/feeling cool with your radio cutting in and out.

So I decided to get a JVC kd-HDR50 for around $160, $225 installed for my 2001 "s".
http://www.crutchfield.com/p_105KDHDR50/JVC-KD-HDR50.html?search=kd-HDR50&tp=5684

I kept my stock speakers and amp. To my suprise I found i had a set of speakers behind both my seats that were never hooked up. He also told me my door speakers were basically small subwoofers. I swear they look stock but I will do some research on it. I am guessing that someone had a better stereo and put the factory back in before they sold it. It was kind of funny as the install guy kept looking puzzled and asked me if I knew I had rear speakers. I told him he must be mistaken until I stuck my head in the car and heard them. I guess I never raised the seats up and looked. Also my car now beeps when I push the lock button. I actually missed that as I never knew if I really locked it or not.

About the radio: It was rated one of the highest in fm reception. 8.3 dBf(lower the number the better. Most were rated at 10 to 11.3 dBf. Any ways, I down loaded some music(legally) onto a thumb drive and the sound was just amazing. A real cool feature of this radio is you can easily match the color to your dash lights as it has a bazillion different color comos. The remote is a tiny key chain style remote, but it is actually real convenient. The stock speakers really came alive and sounded great. No distortion what so ever.

I would highly recommend the radio, especially for anybody who needs better Fm reception. It also has hd built in, xm compatible, usb input(front), blu tooth capable and a input for ipod/smart phone.

Side note: You need a metra 70-1787 wiring harness. found at auto zone for $20 only took 1 day to get. and some antenna thingy found at best buy for $13.

SO, GROW A PAIR NANCY AND DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...Main/MyBox.jpg

Last edited by mptoledo; 07-17-2009 at 11:06 AM.
mptoledo is offline   Reply With Quote