View Single Post
Old 07-02-2009, 11:11 AM   #23
mptoledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DANMKII
I have been meaning to ask you.

Did you feel safe parking the porsche at these hotels/motels?

I have been reading horror stories of vandalism, and I was subject to something minor just 2 days ago. I still get tailgated and cut off for some reason. I drive very sanely...

My fiancee and I are rethinking taking this porsche a road trip now.
Funny you should ask that. Yes I was worried at first. The Nugget in reno had a secured/patroled/cameras, parking garage, plus there was a newer boxster 2 rows down from me. NO concern. The first super 8 was in wyoming and I parked it right outsied my window. Some idiot in a "sanford and son" truck parked right next to me ( no door dings). The last super 8 motel was in the middle of BFE (bum F$$$ed egypt) Iowa, and i was so frickin sick I didn't even Think about it. I did ask the front desk girl if it was safe, she smiled and said, in her raspy voice " I go out side about every 15 minutes to have a smoke, I will keep an eye on it". Good enough for me.

The one I should have been the most scared of, was me. 4 days after I got home, I backed the darn thing into my SUV. See my thread on "help I need a new bumper". Luckily found an artic silver bumper on ebay in great shape for $150.00 . God did I get lucky. Actually it hopefully it will be shipped by friday.

SO, GROW A PAIR NANCY AND DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!
http://i826.photobucket.com/albums/z...Main/MyBox.jpg

Last edited by mptoledo; 07-02-2009 at 11:14 AM.
mptoledo is offline   Reply With Quote