View Single Post
Old 06-24-2009, 08:11 AM   #88
Jake Raby
Engine Surgeon

The main idea behind what we are doing is to utilize what functions best and is most efficient. I do not care about sounds at all, with this kind of additional performance all sound does is attract the Cops.

The engine below required intake enhancements and an ECU flash and our own version of an aftermarket exhaust. I do not want to state more because the company who's exhaust this is was absolutely unwilling to listen to any constructive criticism of their component and how we developed it better than they did. Because of this they will receive zero kudos from me.

The car this engine went ointo already had an aftermarket intake, but it did not need it to create this power, in fact I prefer the stock intake and on the stage I engine I even prefer the stock modified myuffler with a good set of FSI headers and more perfromance oriented cats. This stage II engine uses the same headers, cats and a modified aftermarket muffler.

Matter of factly I am working on the stage 1 combination so it makes it's power with ALL STOCK induction and exhaust and does not require any ECU mods at all as most people I find are spending way too much money on bling and zing thats actually decreasing the actual performance of the engine, or is offering 2HP for a 2,000.00 investment.

Quote:
Jake,

Thanks for the info. The area under the curve on the torque piece is what I was missing. For the stage II, you've got a 70+ whp peak difference and a 50+ torque peak difference in addition to a much fuller area under the curve which is in the range (actually slightly higher) than what I was thinking.
And the graphs don't do it justice! It drives as easy as stock egst 28-30 MPG, runs cool and you'd never know its built if you heard it idle.. Its smooth as silk at 650 RPM.

Quote:
Do you have a before/after on a stage I?

Thanks for all your efforts with this.

Mike
Yes, but not yet on the "new" current offering that I am positive will be better than the previous generation... I'll refrain from posting one until the new version is fully understood and has seen service on the street.

Any engine I build today is totally out of date in less than 6 months.. Thats how fast we are developing and learning.
Jake Raby is offline   Reply With Quote