View Single Post
Old 06-23-2009, 06:34 PM   #85
Jake Raby
Engine Surgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mts
Jake,

Is that 250whp on a Mustang dyno? My stock 3.2 makes 228whp on a dynojet (2004 anniversary edition). There seems like there should be a bigger difference for all the work/cost involved. Maybe its in the torque numbers? I realize comparisons dyno to dyno are hard, but what am I missing? For some reason I was thinking that 3.6/3.2 upgrade would produce closer to +50-60whp on the same dyno vs stock?

Thanks,
Mike
The next stage of the 3.2>3.6 makes 290 RWHP on my Dynojet...

The torque is the big difference on the stage 1, 3.6 engine as thats what a street car needs most. On the base engine we keep the heads stock and only bump[ the CR .5 point over stock. This engine does not need any aftermarket components to make the power I listed, not even an ECU flash.

We make more torque at a lower RPM and that enhances drive ability greatly. We also make the HP lower in the RPM range which is great if you like to DE or AX the car and don't want to drive it around at red line all the time and that makes for a longer life.

Attached is a dyno graph from a recently completed stage II 3.6 engine that started off life as a 3.2.. Here are the before and after differences that my program made for this Boxster S. Don't just look at the peak numbers, look at how fat that torque curve is and how broad the power is..
Jake Raby is offline   Reply With Quote