View Single Post
Old 06-20-2009, 08:00 PM   #8
2K3_Boxster_S

Quote:
Originally Posted by sd_boxster
Not sure where the rhetoric is - Fabspeed Sport Headers cost $1195, yet there are eBay headers for ~$100. OP's question was why isn't there a similarly cheap "knockoff" muffler, and I chimed in with bypass pipes, which are significantly less complicated than a muffler - and a lot less complex than the $100 Chinese headers. If there's enough of a market to warrant cranking out the headers, there's also enough market to warrant production of a cheap muffler and cheap bypass pipes...

Incidentally, Apple doesn't sell the iPhone for $299. The $299 price requires you to sign up for their exorbitantly priced data plan. If you want an iPhone ala carte, it'll cost you $600-$700. You can pay $199 by signing a contract, but either way, you're going to spend $600 on an iPhone. My BlackBerry has the functionality of an iPhone, but I didn't pay anything for the phone, and I pay $20 for my data plan. OP and I don't _want_ "Apple" mufflers and bypass pipes... we'd be happy with Samsung ones.
I know exactly what you are saying. It's because the pipes are going on a Porsche. It's the name and the demand. not a huge honda market demand for the pipes. If you just want bypass pipes, you could probably get someone to fab them up for $100 to $200, i don't know. but a lot cheaper.